*ORUM CODE OF CONDUCT
Last Updated: 7/24/2013
Welcome to the Pokémon TCG Online community!
These forums are operated by The Pokémon Company International to provide fans with updates on the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online as well as an opportunity to discuss other Pokémon-related topics. Our goal is to keep the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online forums a fun, family-friendly environment for the community. Our code of conduct provides the path by which we believe this goal can be achieved. Moderators are present on the forums to provide information and assistance to the community and to ensure that the code of conduct is being followed.
The code of conduct is not set in stone; it will be updated from time to time as necessary. Community members can refer to the “Last Updated” date to ensure that they’re aware of current rules. Community members are expected to adhere to the code of conduct as well as the End User License Agreement, regardless of their knowledge of these rules. Be advised that our staff members reserve the right to discipline community members as they see fit, with or without notice.
- Stay On-Topic: All discussions on these forums should focus on the Pokémon TCG Online, Pokémon TCG, Pokémon animated series, Pokémon video games, and other Pokémon subjects. Non-Pokémon topics are not permitted. New threads should be created in the appropriate sub-forum. New posts should be relevant to the topic of the thread. Threads created specifically for the purposes of introductions or farewells are not considered on-topic and should be avoided.
- Search, Then Post: Use the search tool before creating a new thread. There could already be an ongoing discussion about the same topic. If there isn’t, or if the last post in the topic is more than a couple of weeks old, perhaps it’s time to start a new thread!
- Be Constructive: New threads should have a clear title. The original post should make the purpose of the thread easily understandable. Replies should add new insight or information to the conversation. Spamming, flaming, trolling, and bumping add nothing positive to the conversation and will not be tolerated. Though petitions and polls are constructive at the outset, they frequently degenerate into unconstructive arguments and are therefore not permitted.
- Play Nice: Community members are expected to behave in a respectful manner toward each other and the moderators. Community members must not behave in any way that may be considered offensive, obscene, discriminating, mudslinging, or otherwise harassing while in the game, on the forums, or interacting with customer support. This includes deliberately bypassing language filters, known as "evasion of the filter." In addition, community members may not use language, whether blatant or masked, that is abusive, obscene, hateful, threatening, harmful, defamatory, religious, sexually oriented, or ethnically offensive. Discussion of any form of illegal activity is not conducive to a family-friendly environment and is not permitted.
Furthermore, community members may not exploit, attempt to exploit, or advertise any errors, faults, or bugs encountered in our game. This includes, but is not limited to, giving other players instructions on how to use and/or find them.
- Be Honest: Community members are expected to behave honestly with each other and the moderators. Withholding information, engaging in trickery, providing false information, or acting in a deceitful manner is bad for the community and will not be tolerated. Community members may not impersonate or attempt to impersonate Pokémon staff, celebrities, politicians, or any other public figure. Always remember that a moderator or Pokémon staff member will NEVER ask for your account password.
- Keep Your Private Life Private: Posting personal information on the forums is strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, real name, residential address, email address, or social networking links. Community members in need of assistance that requires the disclosure of personal information should submit a support ticket atwww.pokemon.com/support.
- Keep Your Links Official: Community members may post links to other official Pokémon websites. Advertising or solicitation for any other website, product, service, or game is strictly forbidden.
- Discipline Is Private: A community member who violates the code of conduct may be subject to disciplinary action. This is considered a private matter between that community member and the moderators. The forums are not an appropriate place to contest, refute, or discuss disciplinary actions.
MODERATOR INTERACTION POLICY
Moderators help maintain a positive environment that everyone can enjoy and are responsible for enforcing the policies detailed above in a fair and impartial manner. Community members are expected to treat the moderation team with respect and to comply with any instructions given.
While moderators are an excellent source of information, threads created specifically to communicate directly with a moderator are not appropriate. Moderators pay particular attention to the Open Beta & Support forum, so community members in need of assistance should post in one of the sub-forums there.
APPEALING DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS
Any community member who wishes to discuss or refute a disciplinary action that has been applied to his or her account must submit a ticket via the Pokémon Support Portal. Discussion of disciplinary actions is not permitted on the forums.