Eng English

Welcome, Trainer! Login or Register to Play for Free!

1. #1 1 of 11 Moderator Posts Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.

Pokémon TCG Online Screenshot Gallery

Starting this week and continuing until the launch of the new multiplayer game, we’ll be posting some mock-up screenshots from the game. None of these shots are final, and the layout and functionality is subject to change as development continues. We plan on posting at least one shot each week. Each screenshot will be accompanied by a general description of the new features in the shot. We hope you enjoy this glimpse of the future.

Discuss this post here.
    Mike Liesik
    Pokémon TCG Online Community Manager
    The Pokémon Company International

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

2. #2 2 of 11 Moderator Posts Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.
    For the first screenshot in the gallery, we’ll take a look at the Heads Up Display (HUD) at the top of the game. This is the main control panel for the game, so it’s a good place for us to start. It is important to note that most of the buttons in the HUD will remain inactive until the new multiplayer version of the Pokémon TCG Online launches later this summer.

The three bars in the image above show different states of the HUD. The first bar indicates the neutral state of each button. The second bar is what each button will look like when its moused over or selected. The final bar shows what the button will look like when a new notification occurs, such as a friend coming online or a new message arriving.

Each item in the HUD provides players with information about their account and access to various areas of the game.

Level: This system won’t be implemented until later this year. As we draw closer to its implementation, we’ll post another article talking about what it means and how it works. For now, this feature is disabled in the game.

Screen Name: This displays your screen name.

Play button: Shaped like a standard play button, this will take you to the game select screen, where you can choose from Trainer Challenge, Versus Mode or Tournament Mode.

Profile button: Shaped like a head and shoulders, this will take you to your Profile, where you can view your achievements, game stats and the leaderboards.

Avatar button: Shaped like a t-shirt, this will take you to the Avatar editor, where you can change the look of your avatar.

Collection button: Shaped like three Pokémon TCG cards, this button will take you to your collection, where you can open packs and theme decks, sort through the cards that you’ve unlocked, and tag cards for trade.

Decks button: Shaped like a deckbox, this button will take you to a list of every deck you've got saved, including both theme decks and custom decks.

Trade button: Shaped like two Pokémon TCG cards in the process of being exchanged, this button will take you to the Trade screen, where you can view public trades, look for cards to complete your collection or find the perfect card to complete your favorite deck.

Shop button: Shaped like a shopping bag, this button will take you to the Pokémon TCG Online shop, where you can redeem code cards for theme decks and booster packs, as well as special codes that unlock cool avatar items.

Messages button: Shaped like an envelope, this button will show you system messages, trade notifications and private messages from people on your Friends list.

Friends button: Shaped like a group of people, this button will show you a list of players tagged as Friends, as well as their online status.

Settings button: Shaped like gears, this button will allow you to access the settings for the game, including animations toggles, screen resolution and sound volume.

Help button: Shaped like a question mark, this button will give you links to various FAQs, bug reporting, game rules and game tutorials.

Coins: This area will display the number of unredeemed Coins you’ve got available. We’ll be discussing some of the items that Coins can be redeemed for later this summer.

Gems: This area will display the number of unredeemed Gems you’ve got available. We’ll be discussing some of the uses for Gems later this summer.

Collection Size: This area will display the total number cards in your collection. This number will change as cards are added or removed from your collection via trades, opening boosters or unlocking theme decks.

Tournament Keys: This area will display the number of unredeemed Tournament Keys you’ve got available. We’ll be discussing Tournament Keys and their uses later this summer.

Quit/Concede button: When you’re not currently in a match, this button will exit the game client. While you’re in the middle of a match, this button will appear with a white flag, which will give you the option to concede the match, rather than closing the game client.

Check back next week for a screenshot of the Versus Mode!
    Mike Liesik

3. #3 3 of 11 Moderator Posts Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.

Versus Mode is where players will go to play custom decks against real players or computer-controlled opponents. As you can see from the screenshot above, there are three main options for Versus Mode.

Opponent Type

This selection will determine whether you face a real player or a computer-controlled player. You’ll even have the option of challenging your friends to a battle!

<p style="margin-left: 40px;">Friend Battle: This option will let you challenge players on your Friends list to a match. Friend Battles will not increase a player&rsquo;s ranking or award Tokens.

<p style="margin-left: 40px;">Player vs. Player: This option will randomly pair you up against another player somewhere in the world. You&rsquo;ll also have the option of selecting whether or not the match will affect your ranking. Only Expert battles will increase a player&rsquo;s ranking and award Tokens.

<p style="margin-left: 40px;">Practice Battle: This option will pair you up against a computer-controlled opponent. You&rsquo;ll have the option to adjust your difficulty, increasing the play-skill of the opponent to suit your tastes.

My Deck

You&rsquo;ll be able to select the deck you play in this area. You&rsquo;ll be able to save far more custom decks in the new version of the game, and theme decks will not count against this cap.

Play Style

A new feature for the future, this option will allow you to select whether you want to face an Unlimited deck, a Modified deck, a theme deck or any other crazy format that we may add at a later date.

As you can see, not only are we launching a new version of multi-player later this summer, we&rsquo;re also adding some exciting new features along the way!

Check back later for another screenshot!
    Mike Liesik

4. #4 4 of 11 Moderator Posts Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.

This afternoon we&rsquo;ll take a look at the Public Offers screen from the trade area. In the shot above, you see a glimpse of the Public Offers window. As you can see, it&rsquo;s gotten a pretty significant overhaul. Let&rsquo;s go through some of the new features.

Search Box

The Search box will allow players to look for a specific player to trade with, by a specific card being offered, by a specific card that the trader is looking for, and a number of other criteria.

Offer Filter

This simple on/off button will allow you to view all Trade offers, or only those that for which you have the items available for trade.

From

This displays a traders avatar and screen name. Clicking the envelope next to the name will allow you to send a private message to the trader.

Offer/Wanted

This is easily my favorite improvement on the trade screen. Few things frustrate me more when looking for a trade than a page full of offers without a clear message included. With hundreds of active public trade offers available, how do I know at a glance if you&rsquo;ve got what I&rsquo;m looking for when you&rsquo;ve either got no message or something like &ldquo;Binder is up! Make an offer!&rdquo;?

With the new trade interface, a player will be able to tag one card or item in the trade to be featured in the Offer and Wanted columns of a new trade. In addition to this item, a brief summary of the other items in the trade will be included in the description of the trade. This will allow players to get an understanding of what&rsquo;s in the trade at a glance, rather than having to open every individual trade. Combined with the Search box, this should make finding trades easier than ever!

Time Left

All trade offers, both private and public, will have a time limit. Once this time limit has passed, the trade will automatically be canceled. This feature will help players keep better track of their active trades, and will prevent ancient, forgotten trades from being completed and causing confusion when the cards disappear from a player&rsquo;s collection. The time limit is also important, as players will have a cap on the number of public offers they can have active at once, which will scale based on various criteria.

Tag

If you&rsquo;re interested in an offer, but you&rsquo;re not quite ready to accept it, you can tag it for later review. As long as the offer isn&rsquo;t accepted by another player or the time limit doesn&rsquo;t expire, you can easily find this trade again by using the Search box.

If you find a trade offer that you think is dodgy, the Report flag will send a message to the moderators. We&rsquo;ll review the trade and take the appropriate action.

Well, that&rsquo;s it for now. Check back next week for another screenshot. Have a great weekend!

Prof_Mathis

Mike Liesik

5. #5 5 of 11 Moderator Posts Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.

Since you saw the new Public Trade window last week, I thought you might be interested in seeing how those trades are created. In the shot above, the player is creating a Private Trade.

Select Your Partner

This box will let you select the target of your trade. The Friends tab will show you a list of everyone on your Friends list. The Public tab will show you a list of every player that is online at the time the trade is created. The My Matches tab will only show you players that have items tagged as For Trade that match items that you have tagged as Wanted.

I&rsquo;m Offering [NAME]

This box is where you&rsquo;ll put the items that you are giving to the other player in the trade. This can be cards, packs, decks, avatar items and Gems. The new tags that appear to the right of the Gothitelle cards in this shot (from top to bottom) are Rarity, For Trade, Wanted, For Review and in a deck. The numbers below the Gothitelle cards indicate how many cards are in the trade on the left, and how many of that card you already have in your collection on the right. The bottom of the window shows the quantity of cards in the trade, both by rarity and into total.

[NAME] is Offering Me

This box is where you&rsquo;ll list the items that you would like to receive in the trade. It contains all of the same information that the I&rsquo;m Offering box has.

REMOVE ALL

This button will reset the trade offer, taking all of the items out of both the I&rsquo;m Offering and Offering Me boxes.

CREATE OFFER

This button will pop up a confirmation window, giving you an opportunity to review your trade before it&rsquo;s released into the wild.

Check back next week for another screenshot!

Mike Liesik

6. #6 6 of 11 Moderator Posts Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.

The new Profile page contains much of the same information as the old version. In addition to your ranking, this page will also display recent achievements, most successful deck, most played Pokemon and other cool stats. This hub of information will be a great place to check out how successful you are compared to other players in the world, in your country or on your friends list.

I'll be at the US National Championships next week, so there won't be a screenshot update until I get back. If you happen to be attending Nationals, swing by the Pokemon TCG Online area and introduce yourself!
    Mike Liesik

7. #7 7 of 11 Moderator Posts Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.
    I&rsquo;m back in the saddle again after an awesome (and exhausting) US National Championships. I got the chance to meet a few of the regulars here on the forums and talk to a lot players new to the Pokémon TCG Online. If you couldn&rsquo;t attend Nationals and want a glimpse of what the big show is like, there&rsquo;s some excellent coverage here.

And now, for the real reason you&rsquo;re here!

This week&rsquo;s shot shows a player selecting a deck to play prior to a Player vs. Player match.

Select Your Deck

The header bar gives you some options to narrow down which deck you want to play. While it may not be overly useful if you&rsquo;ve only got a couple of decks saved, it can be a real time-saver if you&rsquo;re taking advantage of the greatly expanded capacity for saved decks that the new version of the game offers. You can search by deck name, or pop up a filters window, which allows you to search by Pokémon type or play style.

Deck Type

Theme decks are now saved separately from your custom decks. What&rsquo;s more, they don&rsquo;t count toward your saved deck limit! The tab at the top of this window will allow you to switch between theme decks you&rsquo;ve unlocked and custom decks you&rsquo;ve built.

Deck Stats

Keeping track of how well your deck is performing is critical to building the perfect deck. The game will track your deck&rsquo;s performance and display it here. In addition to your stats, this window will tell you whether your deck meets the requirements for the play style that you&rsquo;ve selected, and give you a direct link to the deck editor in the event you&rsquo;d like to make a change.

That wraps up this week&rsquo;s screen shot. Check back next week for another glimpse of the future!
    Mike Liesik

8. #8 8 of 11 Moderator Posts Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.
    This week&rsquo;s screenshot is a little different than the previous ones. Rather than show you a mockup of what multiplayer is going to look like, I thought I&rsquo;d snap a couple screenshots using the multiplayer build that we&rsquo;ve been testing internally for a few weeks now. In the shot below, Prof_Warrax is playing as tpci7 and I am playing as tpci8.

Prof_Warrax is running a particularly nasty Darkness deck, which runs a bunch of disruptive cards, like Crushing Hammer and Pokémon Catcher. He uses Sableye&rsquo;s Junk Hunt to recycle them, locking you out of Energy as quickly as possible, and then Darkrai ex, Tornadus ex and Zoroark to grab six Prizes.

I&rsquo;m running a Darkness deck as well, but uses Victini&rsquo;s Victory Star ability to give me a second chance to flip heads on Scrafty&rsquo;s Spit Acid attack (20 damage, plus flip a coin for Burned and Paralyzed), Sharpedo&rsquo;s Strip Bare attack (20 damage, plus flip two coins to discard your opponent&rsquo;s hand) or Sableye&rsquo;s Confuse Ray attack (10 damage, flip for Confused). It&rsquo;s tough to recover from an empty hand and an Active Pokémon with a bunch of Special Conditions.

Though I got off to a pretty rocky start, I got a bit lucky and was able to set up a Scrafty with a Dark Claw. 40 damage from Spit Acid, plus the opportunity to re-flip for the Paralyzed and Burned conditions kept his Actives locked down and gave me breathing room to build up my Bench. In the end, I never had to use anything but my trusty Scrafty, who managed to take out a Sableye, a Zoroark, a Darkrai ex and a Tornadus ex without ever doing more than 40 damage a turn. All in all, I feel pretty good about the win.

Hope everyone&rsquo;s Friday the 13th is as lucky as mine was. Have a great weekend!
    Mike Liesik

9. #9 9 of 11 Moderator Posts Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.
    Here's a series of shots from the deck builder. I revised the Dark deck that I played against Prof_Warrax in last week's shot to focus more on Scrafty's Spit Acid attack. It's so much fun to play that I can't wait to unleash it on you guys when multiplayer releases.

The buttons at the top allow you to see each of the three card types, as well as the entire deck. While in the Pokemon tab, you'll only see Pokemon cards, and can use additional filters to find specific cards to add to the deck. The same holds true for the Trainers and Energy tabs. Additionally, a tally is kept to the right of each button, keeping you notified of how many of each card type you have in the deck.

While it's certainly never going to win the World Championships, it's fun as heck to play and pretty darn consistent.

Have a great weekend!
    Mike Liesik

10. #10 10 of 11 Moderator Posts Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.
    Today&rsquo;s screenshot covers the new Avatar Creator. Our goal in this area was to streamline things, making it easier to customize your avatar. Let&rsquo;s take a look at the different areas.

Create Your Avatar

This bar has a pair of buttons which toggle between male and female avatars, as well as a pair of buttons that toggle between physical appearance and clothing.

Items

While the face icon is selected in the Create Your Avatar bar, a series of buttons will appear which let you switch between things like face shape, skin color and hair. While the shirt icon is selected in the Create Your Avatar bar, a series of buttons will appear which will let you switch between things like hats, shirts and accessories.

Item Collection

Items that are part of a collection will appear here. In some cases, a full collection will be unlocked with a code. In others, individual items may be split up and distributed in various methods, such as community events or tournament play. This window will allow you to see which collections you&rsquo;ve unlocked, as well as your progress toward completing that collection.
    Mike Liesik