Eng English

Welcome, Trainer! Login or Register to Play for Free!

1. #1 1 of 1 Moderator Posts Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.

How to File a Bug Report

Within the wonderful world of Open Beta - I am sure we are all used to seeing strange glitches and bugs. This is a critical time, ladies and gentlemen; and the Pokemon Company is relying on YOU to help them make the Pokemon TCGO as FANTASMICAL as possible. Let's start with the basics, then.

HOW DO I REPORT A BUG
    Easy. Click on the Support Button above the game window http://support.pokemon.com/ics/support/ticketNew.asp

ASK A QUESTION
    For bug reports, make sure you select
    Department: TCG Online

Now select the appropriate topic from the TC Beta Topics drop down list. Then give us the details! It's that easy. Keep in mind that if you don't see “Ask a Question” on the support page you will need to log in again

WHAT IS A BUG?

Bugs happen when a flaw in the coding of the game affects the way it runs.

Bug Examples:

Being awarded 10,000 tokens for something you would normally get 10 tokens for.

Errors that occur when trying to use certain cards or their abilities

WHAT SHOULD MY BUG REPORT CONTAIN?

When submitting a bug, always provide as many details as you can. This will aide our team in pinpointing and resolving the issue more swiftly.
    Example of a Bug Report:
    One of the cards in my deck is showing only a grey image...it's blank! HALP!

So, what kind of information is considered valuable and helpful?

A Summary of the Problem You Encountered

What you did to make it happen (steps leading up to the problem experienced)

Location of the Problem Encountered (in game, website, avatar creator, etc)

The Internet Browser you are Using (Chrome, I.E., Firefox, Opera?)

Your Operating System (Windows XP, Mac?)

Lastly, if you are able to get screenshots of the issue, we ABSOLUTELY love those!

NEVER REPORT A BUG YOU DID NOT WITNESS YOURSELF.

You should not be reporting issues that friends told you about, or that you heard rumors about on the forums or elsewhere

Thank you! As always, stay cool!
    Last edited by Prof_Fett; 11-28-2012 at 03:02 PM.
    Prof. Snow
    Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
    “Sometimes I'm so Emboarassing I can hardly Beartic!”

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!